1. Even though Facebook has been really annoying lately with all the new changes, I have to say that it still makes me feel loved on my birthday. Even before I went to bed on my birthday eve, birthday wishes and greetings were already flowing in and there were even more when I woke up this morning and even more when I checked it tonight. I am so blessed to have so many wonderful friends.
2. My kids coming into my room, before doing anything else, and singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to me in their cute little angelic voices with big smiles on their faces. For them, having someone in the family have a birthday is almost as fun as having their own birthday. That’s pretty dang special!
3. I started doing the dishes this morning. I cleaned the sink and then proceeded to fill it with water to wash the dishes. I said out loud “forget this, it’s MY birthday and I don’t FEEL like doing stupid dishes!” So I pulled the plug out of the sink. Best part is that my hubby did them while I was gone with my friends. I love that man!
3. My ‘Girl Tribe Brunch.’ Even though we meet monthly and this month just happened to be on my birthday, I pretended that they were throwing a party just for me. When I walked in the door of Tiffany’s house my besties made my fantasy come true. Everyone stopped what they were doing and sang ‘Happy Birthday’ to ME! I had a big smile on my face as I looked at each of them and could feel their love. The food wasn’t too shabby either, especially the desserts! Oh, and that flakey chicken ring thing that my friend Debbi makes. She made it just for me!
4. My husband wants me to have lots and lots of birthday sex… with him, of course! I know this is T.M.I., however, when you are 4.5 months post-partum like I am and your belly is very soft and squishy still, it is quite flattering to have a man that can’t keep his hands off of you. He makes me feel young and sexy.
5. Tiffany led us through a really cool meditation. An angel, one I actually dreamed about when I was pregnant with Aleah, delivered this very heavy and ornate gold box. Before she even said to look inside I could see a pink heart with a dark pink outline bursting to jump right out of the box at me. It reminded me to love myself, love my journey, love my children and love the people I get to help. What’s even better is about 6 or 7 other friends received pink hearts too. They had different meanings but I’m thinking we need to get together at my house and make some pink hearts to remind us of this. Love, love, love. I love it!
6. After a wonderful day with my friends, I came home to hubby making dinner. We had grilled burgers, corn on the cob and grilled veggies. I really like the broccoli when it gets a little burnt and crusty on parts of it. Yum!
7. I got my kids bathed and in bed and am now typing this posting. Feeling very blessed and loved. This was probably one of my best birthdays ever. I have the most amazing people in my life. I prayed for a long time for the kinds of friends I have and I worked really hard to get myself into such a good space emotionally and mentally. I don’t know if I remember ever being this happy. Well, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but I am really loving my life right now. I am buzzing with excitement to see what the next year brings. I am blessed beyond belief!
8. One little bonus I almost forgot. The weather was PERFECT today. It stopped being cold and rainy. Today it wasn’t too hot or too cold, the sky was clear and blue. The weather was simply glorious!
9. And the celebrating doesn’t stop today. On Tuesday I get to go to Gardner Village with my family to see the witches. We do this every year and I never get bored with it. We go to the Neighborhood Bakery to eat. I get soup and a slice of bread with melted cheese. Then we head to Afton’s Fudge Shop because I’d rather have fudge than cake! We take lots of pictures and bask in the glorious Autumn air.